The World Association for Person-Centered & Experiential Psychotherapy & Counseling had its genesis in the mid 1990s after person-centred theoreticians and practitioners felt there was not an adequate representation of the PCA at the First World Conference on Psychotherapy (WCP) in July 1996. You can read more about the process of WAPCEPC’s evolution here.
Nearly 25 years since it was officially formed, our desire remains to be an identifiable, international organization serving as a world-wide forum which:
- Provides a world wide forum for practitioners and scholars working within the person-centered and the experiential paradigms.
- Fosters the exchange of research, theory and practice across language groups and cultures.
- Supports and encourages scientific study as well as improvement of practice in the field of psychotherapy and counseling.
- Promotes person centered and experiential perspectives.
- Stimulates cooperation and dialogue with other psychotherapeutic orientations.