Criteria and procedure for selecting PCEP Editors
1. CRITERIA RE THE PERSON
1.1 Essential criteria
- Knowledge of the field and the current literature
- Familiarity with methods of systematic enquiry (empirical and/or theoretical)
- Openness to diverse sub-orientations of PCE therapies
- Experience in writing peer-reviewed papers
- Familiarity with PCEP
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language in writing
- Sufficient computer literacy
- Agreement with the mission and policy of PCEP
1.2 Helpful criteria
- Experience with the process of publishing
- Affiliation with a university or other institution that supports the work
- Experience as a practitioner
2. CRITERIA RE BALANCE WITHIN THE TEAM OF EDITORS
2.1. Essential characteristics to balance
- International representation
- Familiarity with the main sub-orientations
- Ability to handle different kinds of manuscripts (quantitative and qualitative empirical studies, philosophy, case studies, theoretical papers)
2.2 Helpful characteristics to balance
- Knowledge of other languages than English
1. The editors inform the Board of the need to appoint a new editor.
2. The Board calls for candidates (self nominations and proposals of candidates)
- From among the membership of WAPCEPC
-Or from outside of WAPCEPC
-Via website, newsletter, personal contacts, or other channels ....
3. The Board members and the editors also propose candidates.
4. The editors discuss and evaluate the possible candidates using the criteria listed in part A.
-They may come up with new names during this process.
-They may invite candidates to submit more information as needed.
-An editor being replaced may choose whether or not to participate in this discussion.
5. The editors send the Board a ranked list of up to three candidates.
6. If the Board agrees, they invite person ranked highest first, moving to lower ranked candidates only if higher-ranked candidates decline the invitation.
7. If the Board disagrees, they invite further consultation with the editors before making invitations.
The Board appoints the editor.