PCE 2010 bursary fund
PCE 2010 BURSARY FUND
The goals of the WA include promotion and development of Person-Centered and Experiential perspectives, provision of a forum for exchange of research, theory and practice across language groups and cultures, and support of PCE associations, institutions and individuals in their work.
The PCE conferences are congruent with the principles and aims of the WAPCEPC; they offer an opportunity for open, respectful scientific debate and challenge and for scholarly and personal dialogue about philosophy, theory, practice and research in Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counseling, and about its meaning in contemporary society.
The bursary fund has been set up to support colleagues from countries in World Bank Categories B-C-D (developing economies) who:
• have a commitment to the development of the PCE through practice, research, training or other forms of professional involvement, and
• do not have sufficient financial means to attend the conference.
There are 10 bursaries available.
The bursary will cover the registration to the conference, with no accommodation. Low cost accommodations are likely but cannot be scheduled or supported by the WA or the conference at this time.
Deadline for applications: 31st January 2010
Criteria for the award of a bursary
The applicants are asked to show:
• that they can express something about their commitment and engagement with the PCE;
• that they are actively involved in counselling/psychotherapy, through practice, training, research, or working with psycho-educational programs or other activities that may be unique to a particular culture or setting;
• their reasons and motivation for coming to the conference;
• how do they hope it will contribute to their development;
• how they think they will be able to support the development of PCE in their own context/culture;
• that without the financial support they could not attend.
The applications will be carefully assessed by a committee of the WA board and/or the PCE conference organizers. Applicants will receive the decision of the committee by the 15th February 2010. If insufficient applicants apply by January 31, additional announcement may follow with an extension.
In making the final selection the committee may take geographical location into account if on all aspects candidates are equally acceptable.
Please download and complete the application form and send it to treasurer @ pce-world.org. We will let you know when your form has been received. The committee may write to you if they would like you to clarify something in your application.